Monday, March 10, 2014

26- What Happens When You've Had Way Too Much Coffee



Once upon a time, I won a trip to LA, got myself on television, and won some hearts. No, I didn't win any girls over. I won some hearts by being lucky. I won myself over by being fortunate enough to have slammed the door on monotony and to have said hello to possibility. As far as traveling goes, boy, do I miss 2013. 

There was Hong Kong, and Italy,  Singapore, and Malaysia. Holland, America, San Marino, The Vatican. This entry need not be poetic. We are all entitled to rant sometimes, maybe at the expense of focus, maybe even, at the expense of sanity. 

Is this all life's cracked up to be, the daily grind, the old "1,2,3"? Is what we perceive to be grand, the apex of achievement, measureable by what's on a payslip, what's played on a violin? What if this all didn't make sense, not one bit? What if, in the end, all that mattered was surrender? 

I am not referring to just any kind of surrender. I am talking about a full-on, farewell to arms, a complete forgetfulness of everything you know, or think you know, to be the definition of a purposeful existence. 

What if all the bouncing around made sense after all? What if leaving the one place where you felt at home was the worst decision you ever made, and what if you could never, ever, go back? 

What if all this excitement at 12:12 am was all rooted in the fact that you have yet another report due in a few hours? What if the coffee just doesn't want you to doze off, when you really should be asleep? 

What if, all this, wasn't real, and what if, your real purpose on Earth was to roam, roam, roam? 

Sounds good. Tastes even better. 

I always get sleepy when I'm full. Okay. I'm good. Time to catch some z's. 

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment