Thursday, July 18, 2019

173- Taking Flight.

Lately I've gotten around to dreaming about the UK. I haven't been thinking about packed cities like London, or Newcastle. I've had my mind on more remote places- like Kirkstyle, Thurso, and Corrour. You know, the types of places you'd like to see on a postcard.

Maybe I've always been a bit of a free spirit. When I say "free spirit" what I really mean is that I've always had a thirst for to explore, to really "see things". I respect and value permanence, but there are also days when I want to put on some trainers and, quite literally, "run away".

Here's a random place I discovered online - Miyazaki city.

365,000 inhabitants, a seaside destination, Shinto shrines, a picturesque gorge.

As with many places in Japan, there is a mix of old and new here.

Eastern and Western art also blend together nicely here. For reference, check out the Medikit Arts Center.

It's places like this that make you want to dream about being anywhere but here.

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment