Saturday, May 7, 2016

108- The Borneo International Marathon




I have just recently arrived from Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. My primary purpose for going there was to participate in the Borneo International Marathon. The said race was my first international run, and while the weather and course was similar what you might see in, say, Nuvali in Laguna, Philippines, the fact that it happened across the ocean from my home country made the experience extra special. It was not my best run time wise, but, I would say that finishing it ended up being one of the most satisfying running experiences in recent memory.

Honestly, the runner in me hasn't been quite at 100% in the last few weeks (ever since I fell ill for a week in April). Maybe it's been a mental battle, or a physical one, or a mix of both. Whatever the case, having finished the Borneo International Marathon represents a step in the right direction. Back into a state of utmost focus, if you will.

More on Kota Kinabalu in future entries, but for now, I'd like to continue to bask in the glow of the Sabah running sun.

Happy To Have Been There,
MC

No comments:

Post a Comment