Monday, May 30, 2016

111- Discord

Being sick is frustrating. While "consolation" is good, the competitive beast in us says that second best is the exact opposite of "best". It ultimately feels like a concession for the weak.

I remember running in Hong Kong. I don't know why, but, when I try to recall how it would feel to run pain free, and sans any worries about heart or "hand", I feel annoyed. Recently, I've had to do deal with some health issues which have derailed me. I remember doing the Philippine Skyway, and running through Roxas Boulevard in Manila, with relative ease. Where the heck has all that strength gone to?

There are minor hurdles, and there are challenges larger than life. While this hasn't quite come down to life and death, it has come down to itch and scratch. That bothers me. I need to get past this quick.

MC




No comments:

Post a Comment