Friday, May 16, 2014

45- Memory

Have you ever gotten sick and tired of how your coffee tastes like in the morning? How the city traffic gets under your skin? How life's conundrums which ultimately boil down to money and power rape your soul of dignity?

Yes. I thought you'd say yes.

Here's a thought.

People surf the internet for fun. Sometimes, we skim through cyberspace for work, but most of the time, we do so for fun. Some people surf the web and search for pictures, beautiful pictures. Of places. Of things. Of the stuff dreams are made of.

Beautiful scenery like this, for example, is Google-d, and marveled at very, very, much.


           A shot of Singapore's many buildings and thoroughfares from the Marina Bay Sands                                                                                    view deck. 
                              (Take note of the magnificent Singapore Flyer on the left hand side!)


I believe that many times, people tell themselves that they "want to travel" because they "can't stand being idle" or "can't stand being stuck in one place". Perhaps, a slight change in dialogue, would be in order. Maybe we should tell ourselves that we should travel so that we can heal the malaise known as seeing life from a single perspective.

Paste a thousand eyes on me, will you? While you're at it, make those eyes look in a thousand different directions so that I can see things better, so that I can make sure that I am able to take note of every single beautiful detail that makes up the WONDER that is YOU.



                         A picture of a serene Monday afternoon in Camarillo, California.

"Getting away from it all" shouldn't just be a buzzword. It should be a fully comprehensible, tangible, part of one's lifestyle. Explore. Invent. Create. Have vision. Live life with an infallible zest. The value of all this can't be overstated.

I've been fortunate enough to have been able to take the photos above in person. The pictures here came from my own camera. I clicked the darn thing, and it snapped up a memory, forever frozen in time.

I encourage people to make memories during their every waking moment. I encourage them to do so because every memory you create, and subsequently cherish, are things which never really fade or wither. Memories only become more deeply embedded in our spirits with time. They are gifts that go from womb to tomb.

To close, I would like to thank you, the reader, for taking time to read my blog. The thought that a handful of folks take time to read my thoughts is, in itself, a memory I hold dear.

MC







No comments:

Post a Comment