Wednesday, July 23, 2014

53- Run



I have always enjoyed exercising. During my first few years of working out, I noticed, though, that no matter what I did, I could never get my cardio right. I would have the endurance to do certain things that would allow me to engage in sports such as full court basketball, tennis, and other activities which would require a bit of running. Running had never been a primary focus, though. 

Until recently. 

Where I work, people love to travel, and love to run. At first, I would use our company gym based on workouts which I had grown accustomed to, routines involving a lot of weight training, and in many ways, not enough cardio. I went about focusing running little by little. Sneak a bit here, sneak a bit there. Eventually, I discovered that the running bug had taken over me like a virus in a world without Penicillin. I had become hooked more than I ever thought I would or could be. 

Running has become a part of my competitive and leisure personas. I am currently training to run farther distances so that I can join big races. I also run for better health, to shatter stress, and yes, jusr have tons of fun.

No wil-o-the-wisps in the form of KFC, McDonalds, and general laziness can stop me now. Health is wealth. That is a meaningful- albeit overused- quote. It might be better to say that, "Health is like a slot machine on your lucky night in Vegas. It just keeps on giving."

You get my point. 

Here's a goal- how's about running a foreign trail, or better yet, a foreign race?

Now there's something to look forward to. To fly through the air, and soar across land, would be unlike anything else in this world. That would be THE absolute thrill ride. 

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment