Tuesday, July 29, 2014

54- Views



                A Snapshot of Marina Bay Sands from Gardens By The Bay

I have been grounded for several months now. I have not had the chance to travel due to my day job. It has been frustrating, to say the least, to watch the world evolve from a Global Webcam App, and to live vicariously through Bourdain, Seetoh, Zimmern, and other food and travel hosts.

What does the Marina Bay Sands Hotel have to do with this feeling of stagnation?

The Marina Bay Sands Hotel is a towering structure in the Singapore skyline. It's an architectural marvel. This one, a Moshe Radhe creation. A glittering symbol of the magnificence of an island state often maligned as one lacking in soul, but teeming with a truly admirable, progressive, forward-thinking, attitude.

As with many beautiful, grand, things, it is traveling is an experience best, well, experienced. No proxies, no stand ins, no BS.

For now, I can only look behind a double pane, bulletproof, window.

When I will be set free to see and feel the world again will be the day when I will feel most at peace.

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment