Sunday, September 14, 2014

66- Ageing

We hear the phrase all the time.

"Time flies."
"Tempus fugit."

I am 31 years old. I was driving to the gas station today and for the first time, I felt really old. I am not sure what the triggered the thought. I just really felt it. Maybe it was me having seen some youths crossing the street, or, me forgetting exactly what I needed to buy at the supermarket. Whatever the case, it isn't really all too hot to be numerically the inverse of "naught".

It has been 9 years since I graduated from college, and I will be the first to admit that I would have wanted to have been able to do a bit more with my time as a student. Discovering one's self being an almost "default" thing? I hate that. I detest the fact that "most people have to experience it to be able to grow". All in all, it can serve as a monumental waste of time. Find yourself while the rest of the universe evolves into a truly multifaceted species, will you?

This post is not necessarily about regret. It is more about pondering on where the heck all the time's gone. If we were to look at the subject from the perspective of traveling, think of it as being shocked that your magical vacation's just concluded when really, it seems like it had only just begun. Imagine the best meal of your life, finished before you could even imagine ordering seconds. It's one of those things that people forever wonder about, complain about, and discuss, but never really quite understand, or, dare I say, remedy.

For the first time in my life, it feels like the "scenic" leg of the "trip" is on its way to completion. Many great things could very well still arrive, but things will never be the same.

You can always be great.

But kid, you can't be 18 forever.

My goodness, do I feel like an old man who has a million and ome musings today, or what?

MC

Posted via Blogaway


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment