Wednesday, September 10, 2014

65- The Itch.

I see a wall.

A very tall barrier, this one. 

The ground is swollen- rife with anger. It has becoming a demanding monarch- this fragment of Earth, this, a symbol of what it meant to be real. 

Around me, there are sirens blaring, people staring. The hopelessness is palpable. The colors fade slowly as the streets are bathed in twilight's morose blanket of haze.

In the distance, a woman weeps. I approach her, and inquire about how I may be of assistance, of comfort. She gazes upon me blankly. I turn around and walk away- perplexed by everything going on around me. I wonder why, but do not ask how.

The wall is imposing. The wall is covered in thorns, pure evil unsheathed. Beyond the wall, is salvation- or at least, that is what the tall tales purport.

I feel a yearning, an itch, to climb. I feel an itch to climb over the wall- cuts, bruises, pain, be damned, just to see the sun.

When to start?

Where to begin?

Here. Now.

**

MC


No comments:

Post a Comment