Sunday, September 7, 2014

63- Calm


A Little Slice of Calm in the Middle of the Big City- Gardens By the Bay Singapore

I won't lie to you guys. I am absolutely dying to travel again- and not care about much else. Sitting in an office cube, worrying about numbers, timelines, and other things which, all in all, can be classified as mundane, just don't cut it for me. Corporate life is murder- murder on the spirit, that is. Corporate life pays well- that's for sure. One must always be wary, however, of his/her soul being compromised. 

During my 2013 trip to Singapore, I can remember walking, and walking, and walking, and walking, until my feet, actually, screamed for more. The smells of culinary masterpieces wafting through the city streets, concrete Goliaths patrolling the skyline, renovation after renovation, after renovation. Singapore, at times, seemed like one huge, ultra-modern, obstacle course of a metropolis. The moments when a bloke from a country that honestly, can't even get its train system down pat, was in absolute awe, came in waves- constant, unrelenting. 

When I travel, I tend to have a hard time letting go. I have a hard time going home. I end up wondering what, and where, home is in the first place. 

It all comes to a boil then, I realize, that home is never where I thought it was, in the first place. 

Home is what tugs at your heartstrings. Home is what has meaning which transcends all the inane worksheets and meetings. 

Home is a state of being. Home is a state of calm. 

Underneath all the blinding lights, all that matters is calm. 

Move towards the calm. Surrender to it. It's what really matters in life. 

MC 








No comments:

Post a Comment