Sunday, April 10, 2016

103- Let's Talk About Freedom


Me at the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel, in Chicago, Illinois


In 2009, I flew over to Chicago, Illinois. That was my first trip to the United States. 

Everything seemed so big, so bright, so incredible. The US tends to have that effect on first time visitors. 

Seven years after that trip, I find myself, truly, madly, listlessly in love with the idea of "leaving everything behind". 

Some might say that I need saving. I think that the only person, or thing, that needs saving is the concept of utter conformity. 

We conform because we want stability. What happens, though, when the idea of stability comes in the form of something more dynamic, something more, mercurial, than just "making ends meet"? 

That's when you know that you need to get the hell out of your box and see the world. 

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment