Thursday, August 21, 2014

59- From the Travel Notebook, Part 1

It's been too long since my last trip.

As I lie in bed this morning, I have decided to let my mind soar a bit.

No way did I ever expect to travel so much over the last 4 to 5 years. Perhaps the last 4 to 5 years had happened to make up for lost time.

Here are some thoughts on some trips I have had over recent time...

A few pounds, dollars less, dollars more, later...

Chicago, 2009:

Clapton, Clapton, Clapton. An amazing Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood concert at the United Center. Museum hopping. Subway and hotdogs off the street sold by kababayans to keep me alive. Visits to parts unknown on foot. Lost in Greektown. 10 days was way too brief.

Hong Kong, 2010:

This was a fun trip. Being billeted at a branch of the Hilton in the New Territories had its pros and cons. Good because it gave us a chance to see another, less congested, side of Hong Kong. Bad because the hotel was far from most attractions, and there was not really much to do in the vicinity of the hotel.

SnoopyWorld became my happy place. Yes. Snoopy. An entire building dedicated to Snoop Doggy Dogg. Absolutely brilliant.

Bangkok, 2011:

Royal Palace. Shining, shimmering days and nights. Gold everywhere. Family friends in my midst.Centara World Hotel and Mall a great place to crash amidst the urban chaos of Bangkok. Missed the Bangkok floods and protests by a hair during my 2011 tryst. Amazing noodles in foodcourts, and at the hotel. Late tour guide on day 2. Big fopah, but shopping made up it.

Iowa, 2012:

Amazing trip. Wide open spaces. Iowa State

Fair was a nice contrast to what I had gotten used to in the Philippines. Amazing company. Amazing food. Green, green, green, everywhere.

Las Vegas, 2012:

Training. No clubs, gambling, or MGM Grand for this boy, but a great trip nonetheless. Lost my camera on this trip, but Hakuna Matata. Hakuna Matata means no worries. Overwhelming in that nobody does it like Vegas.

San Diego, 2012:

Family reunions. Best Buy. Oh yes, Best Buy. Home cooking. Julian Apple Pie. Enough said.

More notes to come...

MC


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment