Friday, December 15, 2017

140- Songs in My Head.

When I go on long trips, I love staring out of windows of cars, trains, and planes. When I do that, I tend to hear songs in my head, echoes that represent a mish mash of memories, emotions, and random bits and bobs. I recall places I have been to, and people I have met- both held in great fondness in a narrative full of smiles and cheer, and those whom you would rather not remember, distant flashes from time gone by.

I look back on near misses, victories, moments of loss, neutral instances, strengths, weaknesses. I tell myself that I need to bask in the glory of moments, because these are increments of time and space that are forever gone once they have passed. It is both tragic and beautifully poetic.

Today, I find myself on the road again. As I sit on this Greater Anglia train, with a large cup of joe and a silly looking beanie hat, I almost want to blurt out into the air:

"Hey world. What wonders do you have for me today?"

Breakfast, for a start, would be good. :)

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment