Saturday, December 23, 2017

142- Holding Pattern.

From what I've observed, there is a bit of a trend at work here. Think Luke Skywalker in a medical tank after being bludgeoned by a wampa in Hoth. It's all about being in suspended animation.

I, along with a number of others, have just finished our postgraduate courses in London. So what becomes of us now?

Some of us never want to go home. Some of us see this as a time ripe for change. This is easier said than done, but certainly possible.

Some of us want to go home, but, want to fly again just as quickly. The allure of the "journey" is absolutely enticing. There are pros and cons, but, seemingly more advantages as opposed to downsides. The UK has its share of problems, but sometimes, its problems are dwarfed by those of our home countries. People instinctively go to where the "predators" are furthest from. Ergo, migration to lands anew happens.

This next month is set to feel like those annoying mandatory military training sessions in high school. Whether you like it or not, you're forced to march around parade grounds in circles, over, and over, again. Do you achieve anything, apart from supposedly learning the meaning of "discipline" and sweating off a few pounds? Not really. This next month will be chockfull of job applications, and yes, some travelling. Will I actually end up achieving anything of note? I'm not sure, actually. All I know is that it would be amazing if I could end my stint in the UK with bang, while landing my dream job, too.

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment